Welcome to another episode of the Inevitable Podcast, today I have the honor of being here with Brian Requarth whom I have known for almost a decade. For those who don’t know, Brian runs a company called Latitud.
Latitud is a venture capital firm that helps the top doers and thinkers of Latin America build the next generation of world-class tech companies.
Before Latitud, Brian was the CEO and co-founder of VivaReal, a pioneer in the proptech market in Brazil. VivaReal eventually merged with Grupo Zap which was then acquired by OLX for $642 million.
Here are some of the questions I asked him:
• You were born in the Bay Area. How were your early days as a kid and where did you grow up? What made you realize that you wanted to come to South America?
• When was the time that you realized that you were wired differently than most people? What made you realize that you wanted to be a full-time founder?
• You dropped out of college and then joined back after a while. What provoked you to make that decision? Do you regret making that decision?
• How are you so much self-reliant? It has been so long since we met and, to this day you have the same energy. How do you channel your energy towards the goal?
• Who were your mentors growing up? Was there any specific person that you looked up to or did you have a role model?
• How was it to move from Colombia to Brazil? How did you make that decision?
• For how long were you running the business? How was the entire experience?
• What are your views on the venture market? The situation for founders today is phenomenal and it keeps getting better. What do you think the founders need now?
• Is there any specific advice that you would like to give for starting companies and their founders?
• Do you have an ideal morning routine you can share with us?